I have been involved in local Gilroy issues for the past 15 – 20 years starting with being a member of the General Plan update committee back in the 90’s and before that as a neighborhood Block leader when our neighborhood was lobbying for Sunrise Drive to be constructed.
I am an Independent moderate thinker while being a registered Democrat and follow core values of Faith, Family and Integrity. My children Austin and Angelique were born and raised here in Gilroy; they attended local public schools, Gilroy High School and continued on to complete College. My husband Sean owns a small wood Refinishing business here in Gilroy. Over the years our family has volunteered in many local events including Little League Baseball, Pop Warner Football and Cheerleading, Basketball sports, Karate sports, music competitions, Garlic Festival and many more.
I love our Gilroy community and believe it is a wonderful place to raise your family. I have had many successes as your representative on the City Council since 2007 which are too many to list but you can see my commitment by reading all the committees I have participated in listed here on this site.
I am committed to keeping Gilroy a community which we all love and can be proud to raise our families. Call me if you have any issues you want to discuss, as always I have an open door policy.
Many Blessings to you and your Family,
FPPC ID # 1298566
Current Boards and Commissions
• Gilroy City Council (Dec 2007)
• Board of Directors Gilroy Welcome Center
• South County Representative on Recycling and Waste Reduction Commission (RWC)
• CalTrain Citizen Advisory Committee
• Governing Board SCC Valley Habitat Agency
• Vice Chair, Gilroy General Plan Advisory Committee
• Santa Clara County Democratic Central Committee
• Gilroy GilPAC
• St. Mary Pastoral Council
• St. Mary Youth Mexico Mission Camp Director
• Current Garlic Festival Refreshments Chair
• Planning Commission 1998-2005 (8 years)
• Parks & Recreation Commission 2006-2008
• General Plan Committee Member
• Parks and Recreation Master Plan Task Force
• Fire Department Master Plan Task Force
• Cultural Center Task Force Member
• Downtown Task Force
• Santa Theresa Sound Wall Task Force (2nd)
• Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Board
• VTA Policy Advisory Committee
• Santa Clara Cities Association Board of Directors
• Santa Clara Valley Habitat Conservation Plan Liaison Group
• Gilroy Library Ad Hoc Committee